- Maharashtra has led the country's industrial development scenario in the past and continues to attract the largest quantum of investments, both from the domestic and foreign investors.
- The State has established strong hold in many sectors including Engineering, Electronics, Hardware, Automobiles and Auto Components, Consumer Durables, Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Information Technology and Biotechnology.
- It offers a conducive business environment, excellent infrastructure support, trained quality manpower and professional work ethics.
- Mumbai, the capital of Maharashtra is considered as the financial and commercial capital of India.
- There has been a continuous performance of 'Agriculture & Allied Activities' Sector over the last few years, which has reflected positively in the growth of the state's GSDP.
- Acceleration in the rate of growth of Agriculture can easily take Maharashtra to the growth rate of 10%
- The robust Industrial and Service Sectors growth have also been the driving force behind Maharashtra's commendable economic growth rate.
- The largest share of public funds amongst any other States for development of industrial and social infrastructure - a hallmark of State policy.
- Contributes 22% of India's net value added in organised industrial sector. 40% of India's Internet users are in Maharashtra and the State accounts for around 30% of software exports.
- 70 percent of India's stock transactions are carried out in Mumbai.